YEBW Packing List
At YEBW, students get to stay and study on a college campus for a full week: Sunday to Saturday! Being away from home can be hard and we want you to feel as comfortable and prepared as possible... Before arrival, please note: Most meals and materials will be provided during your time with us.
Three meals a day are provided for students, except for Sunday morning (arrival day); only dinner will be served. Meals are served buffet-style so that students may make their own food selections—taking into account any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
Informal, casual attire is appropriate for most of YEBW...
- Business attire is required during Friday's Presentations and a semi-formal outfit is encouraged for Wednesday's Etiquette Dinner; dresses, slacks, sport jackets, suits and ties are appropriate for these events.
- Clothing and jewelry that references alcohol, drugs, sex, gangs or violence are prohibited. Dress that constitutes a safety hazard or disrupts the optimal learning environment is discouraged at the discretion of YEBW Staff.
- Shoes and shirts are required in the dining halls, meetings and general assemblies.
what to bring
- Bedding: Sheets, pillow and blanket provided at University of Oregon and Oregon State University; at University of Portland, please bring your own (pillow, sleeping bag and/or blanket; beds require extra-long twin sheets)
- Alarm clock
- Laptop computer or tablet and calculator (strongly encouraged; one may be provided if needed)
- Fan (dorms can get warm, especially during summer)
- Phone clock or wristwatch
- Jacket or sweater
- Shorts and jeans
- Gym clothes and sneakers (for recreational activities)
- Bathing suit (pool may be available)
- Dress clothing (for Wednesday's Etiquette Dinner and Friday's Presentations)
- Laundry bag
- Towel and washcloths
- Personal items (i.e. soap, toothpaste, sunscreen, feminine products, etc.)
- Backpack or bag
- Snacks for between meals (YEBW provides snacks throughout the week)
- Spending money (the campus store will be open during the week for souvenirs; vending machine snacks are also available)
- Water bottle (one may also be provided)
- Aspirin or Tylenol
Note: YEBW will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal items. Please safeguard belongings.