YEBW is for all high school students; not just future entrepreneurs… During this immersive, week-long program, you will develop leadership and professional skills that carry with you for life—regardless of the occupation you choose.
YEBW offers a one-of-a-kind, on-campus experience. Choose between any of the following weeks:
University of Portland (UP): July 2019 TBA
University of Oregon (UO): July 2019 TBA
Oregon State University (OSU): Aug. 2019 TBA
Take home skills to help you thrive in college and your career.
top 10 reasons to attend YEBW
- Gain hands-on business experience. Whether you pursue entrepreneurship or not, business is part of every career.
- Develop professional skills in communications, goal setting, time management, teamwork, public speaking and more. You can also add YEBW to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- See accomplished entrepreneurs and executive speakers, as they share how they got where they are today…You’ll hear inspiring presentations on business leadership, vision, product ideation and more.
- Meet business connections and mentors. Throughout the week, you can practice etiquette, networking and job interviews. You will also have a dedicated Advisor and Intern to guide you through the week’s activities.
- Make new friends. Your ‘company’ is filled with high school peers, whom you will work closely with throughout the week.
- Stay and study on a college campus. Choose between University of Portland, Oregon State University in Corvallis and University of Oregon in Eugene.
- Earn college credit at Oregon State University, regardless of which YEBW campus you choose to attend.
- Discover new career fields and industries. YEBW covers operations, finance, marketing and other facets. Featured seminars may include: technology, health care, clothing and apparel, food and beverage, and more.
- Explore your talents and interests, while developing transferable skills. Again, there is a business side to every occupation—regardless of whether you pursue entrepreneurship. Perhaps you’ll be inspired to transform your passion into a product…
- Once you complete Business Week, you can come back for Finance Week, Marketing Week and Entrepreneur Week. Become a part of the YEBW alumni network and community—filled with students and business leaders who support your future success.
At Business Week, learn how to:
- Run mock companies
- Compete in business simulations
- Develop an original product idea
- Pitch concepts
- Present business plans
Experience professional growth:
- Attend inspiring presentations from entrepreneurs and executives
- Participate in networking and etiquette events
- Practice mock job interviews
Take on leadership roles and new skills:
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Public Speaking