Want to support the next generation of YEBW? Each student team has a dedicated Intern who assists with week-long program logistics, activities and team development.
Interns are typically college-age YEBW Alumni who have been through Business Week, Investing Week and Entrepreneur Week.
- Assist assigned Company Advisors and engage with student teams
- Brainstorm, plan and execute Morning Sessions, Life Balance and Wing Networking activities
- Support student activities, such as: networking-etiquette events, full group presentations, mock interviews and judging
- Act as Wing Supervisors in dorm halls, leading social activities and ensuring student safety
- Assist with technology and media, including presentations, photos and videos
- Run office errands and complete miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Support YEBW’s promotional efforts
- Promote collaboration, teamwork and inclusion
- Set a positive, professional example for others
- Use discretion and good judgement when problem solving
Although this is an unpaid internship, many Interns come away with more professional experience for their resume or LinkedIn profile, letters of recommendation, new business connections and job shadow opportunities...
- Share school, business and YEBW experiences with students
- Participate in seminars on current business topics
- Enhance communication and leadership skills
- Practice teamwork, time management and event planning
- Develop new connections and friendships
Interns experience YEBW for one full week, from Sunday to Saturday. Interns can volunteer at one campus or all three:
University of Portland: July 8-14, 2018
University of Oregon: July 22-28, 2018
Oregon State University: Aug. 5-11, 2018
Before each volunteer week, Interns attend mandatory training and teambuilding. The total time commitment for one YEBW, with office hours and training, equals a week and a half.
Interns stay in campus dorms for the whole week: Saturday to Saturday. Room and board is covered by YEBW.